Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Russian Church

My birthday was last week, and my wonderful wife surprised me with all kinds of goodies.  She had asked for hints on what kind of gifts I might like so I suggested I'd like some of the Eastern Front WWII terrain from Total Battle Miniatures.  I was really just expecting a building, maybe two.  She got me two houses and a barn... AND A HUGE CHURCH.  I had to say I was totally shocked when I unwrapped this thing.  Obviously, I couldn't wait to start painting it!  Unfortunately the postal service decided to have an impromptu football match with the package before delivering it to my doorstep so I had some repairs to make before I could even start.  But with some glue, green stuff, sweat, cursing and eventual tears I got it fixed enough to start priming.

Here's a some pictures...




The building consists of 4 pieces.  The bottom piece is a heavier type of resin than the other pieces.

And now the real question.  Just how big is this church?  Huge.  It will definitely be the center of attention when its on the table.  Here's a picture with some proud 15mm troops waving the Soviet flag.

I have to say I'm really impressed with this model.  Also, according to my wife Total Battle Miniatures rushed the order to get it here on time.  So I definitely recommend them as a class act if you happen to be considering ordering any of their stuff in the future.

Thanks for dropping by and having a look friends!

6 comments:

  1. Both lovely and impressive..! Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fine job, Rocky. And the scale size looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. I'm not worried about the size. It's just that when you first see it... I'm like...woah!

      Delete